Monday, April 30, 2007

#23 Albino Bowler gets embedded

Had recently posted my very own video onto Youtube for the first time. It was easy! Though, due to traffic on the site, it took nearly eight hours for it to become posted.


(no this is not my video)

A really cool new website offers free Youtube video conversion vixy.net/
This way you can capture those videos and view them offline. I like this for finding music videos. I can capture and convert for use on the Ipod.

Before this website came along I would first have to play the Youtube video through. Second find the file in the temporary files folder and drag it out. Then third place .flv at the end of the file name so that the FLV player could play it. (Did I forget to mention that one needed to download a FLV Player software? oops)

The first thing that comes to mind for KCLS in using Youtube is for story times. This seems to be already being done with those annoying Dewey and Sketch characters on the library's Youtube account http://youtube.com/user/kcls1947 Would be nice to have actually story times taped and placed onto the site..

No comments: